Thanks for reading Ober|Kaler’s IP Watch (the “Blog”). The Blog is written by the Intellectual Property Practice Group at Ober Kaler Grimes and Shriver, a Professional Corporation (“we”, “Ober|Kaler”). We publish our Blog to inform, educate and amuse you, our audience.
Specifically, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Our Blog is not your lawyer. We look forward to your comments, but please bear in mind that you will not become our client simply by commenting on the Blog or being amused by us. Using the Blog in any manner does not establish an attorney-client relationship between you and Ober|Kaler or an of its attorneys.
- The Blog is not legal advice. Blog content is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Blog is publicly accessible, consequently any communications submitted through the Site shall not beconfidential or privileged and may be displayed and published publicly.
- The Blog does not reflect the opinion of Ober|Kaler or its Clients. Articles and comments posted to the Blog represent the views of their respective authors as applied to the particular law, facts, and legal posture of the issue discussed in the Blog. Any opinions expressed in Blog content are solely those of the content’s author and shall not be ascribed to Ober|Kaler or any of our clients.
- Do not rely on Blog content to understand your rights. Content displayed in the Blog is not a full analysis of all legal considerations on any legal issue, and should not be relied on for any purposes other than information and enjoyment. Every legal issue is affected by its own unique factual and legal situation. Similarities to another legal matter does not guarantee a similar outcome. Seek the advice of a intellectual property counsel of your choosing before taking any action based on Blog contents.
- Use Caution When Providing Information. Do not disclose personally identifying information about yourself or your legal situation in comments or emails submitted to the Blog. Ober|Kaler does not monitor and cannot control how information and content submitted to the Blog in comments, posts or by email (collectively, “Posted Materials”) will be used by other users and third parties, and, therefore, Ober|Kaler specifically disclaims any liability with respect to the Posted Materials and any actions resulting from your use or contribution of Posted Materials.
- You Grant us a License in Posted Materials. Ober|Kaler does not claim ownership of any Posted Materials. However, by posting, transmitting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting any Posted Materials, you are granting Ober|Kaler and its sublicensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable license in and to the Posted Materials; and agree that we have the right to copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, edit, translate, reformat and otherwise use Posted Materials, with or without attribution, and to allow other Blog users to do so as well, in all media known or hereafter developed. We make good faith efforts to provide attribution to the user who submits Posted Materials but will not be liable for any omissions or inaccuracies in such attributions. You hereby waive all rights to any claim against Ober|Kaler for any alleged or actual infringements of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution and any other claims related to Posted Materials.
- You Have the Rights to Posted Materials you Submit. You are solely responsible for Posted Materials you submit to the Blog and any consequences arising from comments and other Posted Materials you submit. By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Posted Materials, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights in and to Posted Materials you submit to the Blog necessary to grant the licenses to publish such Posted Materials described in this Policy, and that the Posted Materials do not and will not violate or infringe any third party right, including but not limited to any third party intellectual property right, right of publicity or privacy, or contractual right.
- Ober|Kaler may Remove Posted Materials. Ober|Kaler has no obligation to monitor Posted Materials, but reserves the rights in its sole discretion to: review and monitor Posted Materials, not publish Posted Materials, and remove Posted Materials.
Updated August 22, 2011.